The University offers four under graduate courses namely BVSc & AH, BTech (Food Technology), BTech (Poultry Production Technology) and BTech (Dairy Technology), post graduate courses namely MVSc in 22 disciplines, MTech (Food Technology), PhD in 20 disciplines of animal and veterinary sciences and PhD in Food Technology. The University also offers various Postgraduate Diploma Courses, MPhil in Biotechnology and MBA in Food and Livestock Business Management.
Undergraduate Degree Programme
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry - BVSc & AH (5 Years)
- Bachelor of Technology (Food Technology) – BTech (FT) (4 Years)
- Bachelor of Technology (Poultry Production Technology) – BTech (PPT) (4 Years)
- Bachelor of Technology (Dairy Technology) – BTech (DT) (4 Years)
Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.)
|Duration and eligibility
||Tentative date for calling for application
- The degree requires five years of full time study (nine semesters). It includes course work in animal husbandry, para-clinical, applied veterinary science and animal husbandry economics and extension. In addition the students are exposed to field / laboratory work, small and large animal clinics besides an intensive internship programme for a period of six months to make the graduates moulded to face the challenges of animal and poultry diseases and management.
- These degrees are open to students pursuing Higher Secondary Course (10+2) with Biology or Botany and Zoology, Physics and Chemistry in academic stream (or) Agricultural Practices / Dairy / Poultry in vocational stream. The minimum requirement of marks and reservations are as per the norms fixed by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
|Second Week of May
|Rules and Regulations