CENTRE FOR ANIMAL HEALTH STUDIES,
The Director, Centre for Animal Health Studies has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for diagnosis / prevention control / elimination / eradiction of animal disease in organised farms of the State.
- The principal Co-ordinating Officer for the integration of animal disease investigation and control of the University and other Government Departments.
- Has the direct administrative control of the Veterinary University Training and Research Centres.
- Has the technical control and Co-ordinating Officer of Research of the Departments engaged in diagnosis/prevention/control of animal diseases, viz., Pathology, Microbiology, Parasitology, Preventive Medicine, Animal Disease Investigation and Control of the Colleges and the research and Development centres.
- The Ex-officio Chairman of the Animal Disease Review Committee of the University and reports to the Vice-Chancellor the disease position of the University / State.
|UNITS UNDER THE DIRECTORATE
Dr. P.I.GANESAN, Director, CAHS |